JUNE 8TH UPDATE
Governor Mike Dewine announced Thursday, June 4th, 2020 that museums will be able to re-open on Wednesday, June 10th, 2020. The Thomas Edison Birthplace Museum will re-open on Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 with the following guidelines in place:
- Face masks: All visitors must have a face mask on during the time of the visit to protect themselves, along with other visitors and employees.
- Social Distancing: Guided Tours will now have a limit of 3 individuals to practice social distancing, although family groups who live together may have up to 8 members.
- By-Appointment Only: To avoid congestion in the office, we have implemented a “By-Appointment Only” policy. We have launched a new booking option online as well as the option to call us.
- Restrooms: We have closed our restrooms until further notice to decrease the spread of germs.
- The Ohio Department of Health has launched a free COVID-19 help line. Ask questions 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
- From the World Health Organization: When to use a mask and how to properly wear one.
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: How COVID-19 spreads
- From the CDC: Steps to prevent illness
FAQ & ANSWERS
1. What will happen to memberships that were unable to be used during closure?
Memberships that were purchased for 2019-20 will be valid in 2021 for the duration of months the museum was closed during this time. More details to come.
2. What if you had a scheduled tour doing the months the museum was closed?
If you had a scheduled tour during the time of closure, please get in contact with Lois Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another time to visit the museum.